Who we are
We are Sidewalk Flowers, our address is: 150 Franklin Avenue, North York, M2N 1C5
Our website address is: https://sidewalkflowers.org.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
First party cookies
We use the following cookies in order to make the site work properly:
- audiostate – tracks if you have disabled music from playing
- woocommerce_cart_hash – helps us ensure that your cart stays up to date with the products you have put in it
- woocommerce_items_in_cart – helps us keep track of what is in your cart
- wp_woocommerce_session_ – helps us recognize you as you browse the site
- woocommerce_recently_viewed – powers the “recently viewed products” functionality on the site
- store_notice[notice id] – lets you dismiss the store notice
We use TikTok’s social widget to help us understand how you interact with our social media presence
We use analytics to help us understand our audience and how you use the site. It sets these cookies:
These cookies are required so that your payment can be processed:
- _stripe_mid – Learn more https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
- _stripe_sid – Learn more https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping as well as for fighting spam
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for XXX years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
When you place an order, information about that order (including your name, address and what you bought) will be shared with our fulfillment agency. This is necessary so that we can fulfill your order.
We accept payments through Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
When visitors leave entries on the site we collect the data entered in the guestbook form and possibly the IP address and hostname of the visitor to help spam detection.
The entered entry and its metadata may be sent to third parties like Akismet and Stop Forum Spam to help spam detection. Their respective privacy policies are at https://automattic.com/privacy/ and https://www.stopforumspam.com/privacy.
This site utilizes caching in order to facilitate a faster response time and better user experience. Caching potentially stores a duplicate copy of every web page that is on display on this site. All cache files are temporary, and are never accessed by any third party, except as necessary to obtain technical support from the cache plugin vendor. Cache files expire on a schedule set by the site administrator, but may easily be purged by the admin before their natural expiration, if necessary.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you sign our guestbook then we will retain the data you provide indefinitely. You can always ask us to remove it.
If you order products from our store then we will retain the information you provide indefinitely. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
We currently cannot support returns, as we are a small team, with few hands. Shipping may take a little longer than you’re expected (but probably won’t). Thanks for your support and understanding.
This policy was last updated on 13 August, 2022